*Note. Georgie Buckley will be finishing working at Zest Physio Pilates Health on May 22nd to pursue her research in Boston as part of her PhD. All Dietetics services will continue under care of Elizabeth Radicevic, Dietitian. For more information please contact reception on 9077 2885
Georgie Buckley is an Accredited Practising Dietitian having currently completed seven years of full time study. This includes a Bachelor of Science majoring in Physiology (Unimelb), a Master of Human Nutrition (Deakin) and a Master of Dietetic Practice (La Trobe). She is currently engaging in a PhD pathway in Sports Nutrition at Swinburne University.
Georgie’s nutrition philosophy is founded on a ‘Non-Diet’ and Health at Every Size ® approach where the use of non-judgement, weight inclusivity and moderation underlies her practice. Georgie assists only with the best evidence based practice to help others improve their health in an achievable and sustainable way. Health is defined through not just physical health but social and emotional health and this plays a big role in the holistic way Georgie practices with mindfulness and moderation. Creating an individual healthy relationship with food is always the main goal.
Georgie has a specific interest in Sports Nutrition and the way nutrition can enhance performance and affect behavioural change. She currently works at Essendon Football Club and alongside Olympians providing advice to top athletes. Georgie has 15 years of experience as an elite athlete competing at a high national level in athletics and understands the specific requirements for performance nutrition. Her passion for dietetics originates from seeing a sports dietitians as a junior athlete and learning more about the way they could assist in the sports juggling act between athletics, cross country, netball, surf lifesaving, swimming, gymnastics and many more.
The clinical services Georgie offers includes specific nutritional counselling, medical nutrition therapy and group nutrition sessions with specialty areas of practice including:
- Sports & Performance Nutrition
- Clinical & Subclinical Eating Disorders
- Intuitive Eating & Mindful Eating
- Health at Every Size ®
- Body Positivity
- Behavioural Change
- Master of Dietetic Practice – La Trobe University
- Master of Human Nutrition – Deakin University
- Bachelor of Science (Human Physiology) – The University of Melbourne
- International Society for the Advancement of Kinanthropometry (ISAK) – Level 1 Skinfolds & Body Composition
- Health Not Diets – Introduction to the Non-Diet Approach Course
- Centre of Excellence in Eating Disorders – The Essential Course for Clinicians
- Dietitians Association of Australia
- Sports Dietitians Australia
- Sports Medicine Australia